Canoeing Victoria – Strategic Overview
To serve the members of Canoeing Victoria by promoting and providing a range of opportunities to paddle safely for enjoyment, personal achievement and improved quality of life.
Canoeing Victoria – 10 Year Vision – 2021
By 2021 Canoeing Victoria would like to be:
• Be valued by its members
• Enjoy high visibility
• Have the highest paddling participation rate in Australia
• Have a flourishing junior membership
• Have a reputation for running professionally events
• Be a leader in education and training
• Operate Discipline-based Centres of Excellence
• Provide the largest percentage of Australian and International competitors from Victoria across all disciplines
• Be a leader in membership growth
• Be respected and authoritative
• Have strong, effective management with financial autonomy
• Have international standard discipline facilities for all.
• Have strong, viable and welcoming Clubs that provide diverse paddling opportunities
3 year Strategic Goals – 2011-2014
- Identify, implement and support each member to achieve their personal goals.
- Gain government support for a multi discipline paddling facility
- Increase & Broaden Membership
- Raise CV and Canoeing Profile
- Focus, develop and support Junior Participation & Pathways
- Achieve Financial Autonomy