Canoeing Victoria have commenced a landmark planning study into the current provision and future development of paddle sports facilities across Victoria. We have appointed consultants insideEDGE Sport & Leisure Planning to work closely with our sport to undertake the study.
We keen to receive comments from our canoe clubs and members, as well as organisations and individuals who have an interest in canoeing.
The Canoeing Victoria Strategic Facilities Plan is aimed at providing a clear focus on the future development, growth and sustainability of paddling facilities across Victoria for the next 20 years. Key objectives include encouraging and supporting grassroots community-based participation opportunities, supporting elite level athletes to achieve outstanding performance results, and identifying opportunities to attract national and international canoeing events to Victoria.
How to provide your comments:
- Canoeing Victoria Members: Please complete the on-line Member Survey.
- Canoeing Victoria affiliated Canoe Clubs: Please complete the on-line club survey that has been emailed to your Club Secretary.
- Individuals (non-Members) with an interest in canoeing: Please complete the Individual Submission Form and email to insideEDGE.
- Businesses/Organisations with an interest in canoeing: Please complete the Industry Submission Formand email to insideEDGE.
The closing date for all submissions is 30 September 2013 at 9.00pm.
For more information contact:
- Andrea Boothroyd, Canoeing Victoria Executive Officer on (03) 8846 4120 or email.
- Michael Bodman, insideEDGE Sport & Leisure Planning Director on (03) 9680 6370 or email.
Canoeing Victoria acknowledges the support to undertake this study from the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure.