Applications for this position have now closed.
Canoeing Victoria is seeking casual Instructors/Coaches and Assistant Instructors/Coaches during Term 1, 2014 to pilot an exciting new youth participation award scheme called Paddlepower.
Paddlepower is targeted at 8-14 year olds and is designed to develop the skill level and confidence of young paddlers. It’s colourful and youth centred approach aims to:
- Encourage more young people to come into and stay in paddlesports.
- Provide progression and reward achievement in a wide range of topics.
- Show them all aspects of the sport – both competitive and adventurous.
- Provide signposts into clubs where their skills and development can be nurtured.
- Provide a flexible structure for delivery according to venue/situation.
Canoeing Victoria’s initial pilot program will consist of a 90 minute canoeing sessions of fun paddling games and activities. Sessions are anticipated to be delivered in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne after school and on weekends, and several sessions may be conducted consecutively.
Applicants must possess an Australian Canoeing Guide, Instructor or Coach accreditation (Canoe/Kayak Lifeguard accreditation will also be considered for Assistant Instructors), current First Aid and CPR, and a current Working with Children Check. Active After School Communities Coach accreditation would be an advantage.
To apply, please forward a resume of relevant qualifications and experience, including 2 referees, to Canoeing Victoria via email or PO Box 1010, Templestowe 3106.
Please contact John Moore at Canoeing Victoria on 8846 4120 or via email if you would like further information.