The 2018 Victorian Junior Canoe Slalom and Downriver Championships (Incorporating Vic. Schools) was formally known as “Victorian Schools Championships”.
VISION and objective
2018 Victorian Junior Canoe Slalom and Downriver Championships (Incorporating Vic. Schools):
- Provide an environment where young athletes can perform to the best of their abilities, be that at the elite, development level or as an “all abilities category” (first included in the 2017 Victorian Junior “Schools” Championships).
- Encourage friendship and fostering interschool and club competition on a state level with a view of increasing junior and female participation within the sport.
- To acknowledge the best performed athletes in individual, pairs and team events.
- To acknowledge the best performing large and small schools.
- To acknowledge the best performing club.
- To promote healthy competition between Australian schools, clubs and individual junior / student athletes.