- The dates for the 2019 ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships have been confirmed as 17-20th October 2019. The Masters event will now have World Championship status in 2019 and will be held on 14-15 October. Both events will be held in Shaoxing, China.
- The Masters World Championships is based on the condition that entries can be made on an individual basis and not on national federation basis. For World Championship status there must be at least six (6) boats from at least four (4) federations starting in the event and there must be at least three (3) continents starting in the overall competition. Championships are restricted to men’s and women’s K1, C1, K2 and C2 for all age groups (with competitors in doubles from same country).
- Masters men in kayaks in their 64th year and younger will race 5 laps of the course and Masters Women and all Canoe classes in their 64th year and younger will race 4 laps. Masters in their 65th year and older will race one lap less than the younger masters and will not be required to portage.
- A short course race has also been approved for Marathon World Championships and will be contested at the 2019 ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships. The short course race is for Men’s and Women’s K1 and C1, and will consist of 3 laps and 2 portages with a total distance of approximately 3.4 km, with a distance of approximately 500 m between the turns. There is only one (Open) age category.
- The ICF Canoe Marathon World Cup will be held in Sandvika/Baerum, Norway, from 31 May – 2 June 2019.
On behalf of the PV Marathon Committee