The Victorian Slalom Technical Committee is pleased to advise that the Eildon Riverside Holiday Park (formerly Blue Gums Caravan Park) have revised their policy for day access to the river for Canoeing during peak holiday periods. They have also introduced discounted accommodation rates for the Canoeing community.
- Any kayaking family booking a stay at the Park will receive a 20% discount on their stay if they are members of Paddle Australia and mention this when booking.
- Eildon Riverside Holiday Park are generously donating a $150 accommodation voucher as a prize for major competitions held at Eildon.
- Day access during School and Public Holidays is now available. The cost of a walk in pass is $3 per person. All gear must be carried in by foot. Car access for dropping gear off is not available due to insufficient space to provide parking for non-bookings at these times of peak activity.
- Day passes (access with car) are available outside of the School and Public Holiday periods for $6 per car and driver plus $3 per additional person.
- Paddlers will have to produce their Paddle Australia Membership Card and verify their identity to enable entry on the basis of these arrangements. A paddlers PA Member Card can be printed by going to the PA website and logging into “Membership” and selecting the “Print Membership Card” option in the top left hand corner.
These arrangements have been made following discussions over the past 18 months and are largely the result of the hard work and dedication of Leanne Nicholls who has made this relationship possible.
- It is important to abide by the Parks Code of Conduct. If this is not followed, the support of the Park to the canoeing community will be jeopardised and access to the river may be restricted.
- The Park must maintain a record of who is on site to comply with their Emergency Response Plan obligations.
The Eildon Riverside Holiday Parks co-operation and support for the Canoeing community is acknowledged and greatly appreciated.