The Goulburn Classic is Australia’s oldest canoe race. It was originally 100
miles non-stop with heroic stories of paddlers negotiating the fast flowing
river at night. In the 90s the race morphed into the Tour De bloody
goulburn, a tour that used staged sections to highlight the beauty of the
Goulburn River. The event will have 3 Stages over one day with stage 1 and 2
being mass starts (in waves) with stage 3 being a unique time trial event.
The yellow jersey will be awarded at the end of each stage. This event will
cater for all classes however it is ideal for canoes, ocean skis and river
kayaks (tk1s, tk2s, k1s & k2s).
You can paddle 1, 2 or all 3 stages, it’s your choice.
Everybody is eligible for spot prizes including a stunning ZRE paddle from
our friends at: Paddle & Portage Canoes http://Paddle & Portage Canoe
The river has a powerful and deceptive current, the water is cold, therefore
PFDS, footwear’s must be worn. Paddlers will need to be self reliant and
competent in paddling in fast flowing water.
* 9.30 briefing at Trawool Bridge
* Stage 1 – 10km race Keresdale to Trawool Bridge
* Stage 2 – 17km Trawool Bridge to goulburn Park (beside caravan park)
* Stage 3 – 6km Time Trial from Caravan Park to Lions Park Seymour
(meet at lunch time)
* Please email Tony Misson at email@example.com with your name, type of boat, your age, and for doubles, partner name and age.
It’s as simple as that! Tony will send you briefing notes & details.
* $15.00 per stage or $40 for the day. You can pay on the day
(please bring correct money).
* Please register ASAP and by Wednesday 6th November 2019.
* You can register on the day; however there may be an additional late
fee to cover the admin costs and non Aust canoeing can get a trialist fee
Community FUN Paddle:
For those who just want to enjoy the river, this year we will include a
community FUN paddle (non competitive), and this group paddle (with the
sweep boats) is ideal for anybody who just wants to enjoy the river. The
cost is $10.00 and stage 3 is offered.