Mitta Festival of paddling: 15th & 16th December 2019.
Calling all fun loving folk, community groups and schools.
Come to the lovely township of Mitta and enjoy these fun, participation based events on lovely easy flowing water around the township of Mitta Mitta. Held well below the wildwater course they are ideal for all abilities and craft (sit ons, plastics, canoes, touring kayaks as well as racing boats). You don’t have to be in a canoe club to be involved and we have lots of prizes. Please encourage your family and friends to also get involved.
Sunday 15th December – Community FUN Paddle & Mitta challenge River Race
A lovely flowing section of the Mitta River. No rapids as it is below the wildwater course, the distance is 13 km starting from the Witches Garden and finishing in the township of Mitta.
- Suitable for all abilities and craft (sit ons, plastics, canoes, touring kayaks )
- Fantastic spot prizes
- With fantastic support from the Mitta Pub, we have $2000 in prize money for the Mitta Challenge River Race. This will be spread over men, women, masters and juniors. Refer to table with entries. The Dartmouth Motor Inn is also generously sponsoring $200 for the fastest time.
Monday 16th December – the classic and Mitta sprints
The classic will be approximately 4km on a stretch of water around the township of Mitta Mitta, and the schools sprint & community FUN sprint will be approximately 300 metres near the Caravan Park.
- Community & club classic and teams
- National Schools Downriver championships and teams
- Community & club sprint and teams
- National Schools Downriver sprints and teams
- A team’s event will be included for the above in which 3 boats paddle together to record a time, always a lot of fun.
- Open to all craft and abilities
- Would be fantastic to have as many community groups, clubs & schools involved
- Fantastic spot prizes
- The age groups will be under 13 years and under, 14, 15,16, 17, 18 & over years(at school), open, vet 35, 45,55 years ( age groups will be taken on the day )
- Sunday 15th December – Mitta Challenge River race and Dinner at the Mitta Hotel: $50. And if you additionally wish to participate in the Monday events “School, Clubs,& Community Event” entry for this will be half price $20.
- Community FUN Paddle $10 per person or $30 per family
- Monday 16th December – Australian Schools, Clubs & Community Groups – River Race & Rapid Sprints. (4 events): $40 entry per person.
- Families with multiple members a 50% discount for each additional person applies – therefore if 2 people then total price will be $60, for 3 the total price will be $80.
Please email Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, mobile, events and, type of boat, your age, and for team members /doubles, partner name and age. Ideally by the 10th December it’s just that simple.
When paying via EFT transfer please provide your surname as the Reference and then please SEND Tony courtesy email
River Racing Australia Incorporated
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Account Number: 1021 7934
If you wish to pay on the day please bring correct money and advise this in your email (late fees of an additional $10 will apply).When picking up your festival number bib (same bib for all races) please pick a raffle ticket which is handed in when selecting a prize. Prize per person and you have to be at the presentation to collect your prize.
Prizes and Sponsors
Please note you must be at the presentation to receive a Spot prize.
Prize money for the Challenge River Race thanks to the Mitta Pub – $2,000 and The Dartmouth Motor Inn $200 for the fastest Time.
(If we get additional money because of substantial numbers this may increase)
Spot prizes will be awarded at the Sunday Lunch Presentation and the Monday evening Presentation. Each person will only have 1 ticket making them eligible for only 1 spot prize. Winners of the cash prize money will not be eligible for a spot prize from the draw meaning more people will win!
Major Sponsors (please refer to the event guide for contact details)
- The Mitta Pub -$2,000 Cash for Mitta Challenge River Race
- Dartmouth Motor Inn and Hotel -2 nights’ accommodation & meals plus $200 towards the fastest boat.
- The Witches Garden – 1 Free Nights’ Accommodation with a minimum of 2 nights stay
- The Mitta Caravan Park -1 free nights’ accommodation with a minimum of 2 nights stay
- Bharatrialia Park – Glamping Accommodation on the banks of the Mitta River 2 night accommodation
- Mitta General Store – $100 Fuel Voucher
- Mitta Mitta Brewing Company – 4 x 4 Packs of their Assorted Beer value of approx $92.
- Butchers Hook (Craft Shop) – $50 Hamper made of Fresh Local Produce from the Mitta Region
- Kayak Factory Direct – Various Spot Prizes – To the Value of $500
- Canoe plus – Supply of medals for placegetters at the Monday events.
About River Racing Australia (RRA)
River Racing Australia is managing and running the Wildwater Canoeing Championships and these Mitta events.
RRA is a not for profit organisation running events to support the development of wildwater and river racing in Australia. RRA also uses the funds raised to support Paddlers in international competitions and Paddle Australia Wildwater Canoeing Championships Team members. We welcome new members so feel to send us an email. It is only $30 to join. Contact Tony Misson via email at email@example.com
The event guides and posters can be found
Paddle Australia Wildwater Canoeing Championships
Athletes need to compete in “class(es)” (means Men’s K1; Women’s K1; Men’s C1; Men’s C2; Women’s C1; and Women’s C2. ) in events they want to be considered for in the selection of the 2020 Paddle Australia Wildwater Canoeing team.
Please refer to Paddle Australia for entries and selection information. https://wildwater.paddle.org.au/
ICF Wildwater Canoeing rules apply. https://wildwater.paddle.org.au/
For course information please contact Peter McIntyre on 0409419922
Friday 13th December, 2019
- Free Training
- 3.45pm Course closed.
- 4.00pm – Individual Classic Selection Race – (Below Pondage to Coleman’s Bend).
Saturday 14th December, 2019
- Free Training on the course until 9.45am.
- 10.00am – Run 1 of Wildwater Canoeing Championships Sprint Titles – Sharks Tooth Rapid (Best Run to count)
- 11.30am – Run 2 of Wildwater Canoeing Championships Sprint Titles – Sharks Tooth Rapid (Best Run to Count)
- 2.00pm – Wildwater Canoeing Championships Sprint Teams Race – Sharks Tooth Rapid (1 Run only)
- 4.00pm – Wildwater Canoeing Championships Classic Teams Race. – (Below Pondage to Coleman’s Bend).
- Presentation of Days events at the Mitta Hotel – Commencing at 6.30pm
Sunday 15th December, 2019
- Free training on the course until 8.45am
- 8.30am – Individual Wildwater Canoeing Championships Classic Race – (Below Pondage to Coleman’s Bend).
Festival of Paddling:
- 10.30am – Mitta Mitta Challenge River Race and Community FUN Paddle from The Witches Garden to Mitta hotel – 13Km (Rolling Mass Starts in different categories) – Presentation of Days events & Lunch at Mitta hotel at 12.30pm
- Afternoon Training on Course for community & Schools at Mitta from 3.00pm onwards.
Monday 16th December, 2019
- 9.00am – National Schools Downriver Sprint Race and Club and Community Sprint Race – on River next to Mitta Caravan Park (1 Run only – 1 Minute Intervals)
- 11.00 – National Schools Downriver Sprint teams Race and Club and Community Sprint Team Race – on River next to Mitta Caravan Park (1 Run only – 1 Minute Intervals)
- 12.30pm – Break for Lunch
- 1.30pm – National Schools Downriver Classic Individual Race and Club and Community race from Snowy Creek near Mitta Hotel to the Bridge on the Mitta River next to the Mitta Brewing Co. Approximately 3 Kilometres. Mass Start per age groups.
- 3.30pm – National Schools Downriver Classic Teams Race and Club and Community teams’ race on the same course as the individual Classic. 1 Minute Intervals.
- Presentation of Days events at Mitta Hotel outdoor Area- Commencing at 6.30pm