If you wish to be considered for nomination to the January Selection Camp for the 2020 Slalom Junior National Development Squad, please carefully read the info below and then contact me at email@example.com by this Thursday December 5th.
This is a Paddle Australia program and open to members of all clubs.
Things to consider before nominating are :
- If selected there will be training on Bradys Lake and will need the appropriate level of WW competency and safety
- 14-18 year olds
- The level for the squad will be higher in 2020 and we expect to be approx 16 in the Squad
- We hope to improve the gender ratio and have more girls.
- The selection is based on age group nationals and the selection camp at Penrith 14th-15th Jan Tue -Wed after Nationals. All invited athletes will receive information about the arrangements for the Selection Camp.
- All athletes will have a report on their level of development in a range of areas regardless of wether they are selected.
- Not all athletes who are on the NDS will necessarily be reselected and some will miss out if they have not continued to make progress.
- Athletes would need to be training 6 hrs a week in the boat as a minimum commitment.
- The Squad is aimed at athletes realistically training for the Junior team in the next 2 seasons.
Warwick Draper email: firstname.lastname@example.org