You Can Still Train At Home
Reposted with thanks from Paddle WA.
If you are in isolation or are finding it difficult to go out paddling, there are still a number of things you can do to stay active without leaving the house. Below are a range of infographics, exercises, links and videos to help inspire us in these confusing times. No matter how effective, silly, impractical or hilarious it is, show us what your unique training methods are so we can add it below!
Kayak Drills and Gym Exercises – YouTube playlist by Wash Rider, includes:
- Gym with Paddle Australia’s Sprint Athletes (inc. WA paddlers Jaime Roberts & Steve Bird)
- Home Workout for Kayakers with Petter Menning (K1 200m World & European Champion)
- Kayak Core Stability and Rotation Training with René Olsen (British Canoeing Sprint Coach)
- Sprint Kayak Masterclass with Saúl Craviotto (2x Olympic Gold, 1x Olympic Silver, 1x Olympic Bronze) – watch with English subtitles
- Kayak Strength Training & Endurance Strength Training with René Olsen
- Speed & Explosive Power Training with Petter Menning & Erik Svensson
- Kayak Balance Training
- Using an Ergo
- GB Canoeing 2011 Racing Season
- Various videos on kayak technique and drills
Build Your Own Paddle/Kayak Ergometer – Youtube, D.I.Y Paddle Ergometers
Bodyweight Workout for Beginners: 20-Minute At Home Routine – Nerd Fitness