King River Weekend
Cheshunt South – Race and River Trip
River Trip, Saturday 14th August
Country Series Race, Sunday 15th August
Organiser: Melbourne Canoe Club
The VSTC is very hopeful the Victorian Government will loosen restrictions further, to allow the Country Series and a River Trip to take place 14-15 August on King River. In previous years MCC has joined with Ivanhoe Grammar for a river trip, accommodation and meals at the King. Unfortunately, due to current restrictions, this is unavailable, so MCC will run a River trip as well. All government covid restrictions must be followed to ensure the safety of all. As changes occur, we will announce updates to the proposed weekend activities. The race will use a simplified timing system focusing more on practice and enjoyment. If you have any queries regarding your paddling competency, please speak with your coach or Warwick Draper.
The King River Slalom is a bigger step up from the Yarra Series (depending on water levels). All paddlers must be competent on grade 3 water and should seek approval from their coach before registering. The water temperature at King is extremely cold, long sleeve cags and thermals are necessary when paddling this river. A change of dry clothes should be brought along to change into after finishing.
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE at 5pm, Thursday 12th August
Saturday 14th August
- 10.00am – Briefing for River Trip at William Hovell Dam wall
- 2.30pm -approx finish time of river trip at slalom course
- Help set up slalom course
- After course finalised – Free Practice until 9.00am Sunday morning before the race – Clubs/Schools/Individuals to provide own safety
Sunday 15th August
- 9.00am – Course Closed. All paddlers, parents, judges, volunteers and spectators must register prior to bib collection.
- 9.30am – Bib number collection
- 9.45am – Briefing for competitors, parents, judges, volunteers
- 10.00am – Start of runs
- Conclusion of runs
- Course dismantling, pack up & presentation
Please register using the following link King River, to allow organisers to assess interest in this event.