We can’t race but we can exercise, so to encourage you to get off the couch and exercise the PV Marathon committee is running the following event on the weekend of September 4th&5th. Please note, WS6 has been cancelled.
– This is a self-timed event. The rules are simple:
- First, you need to comply with government restrictions, so for Melbourne metro that means exercising within 5 km of your home, with no more than one other person or members of your immediate family, for no more than two hours duration.
- Second, you need to time yourself using a GPS and enter your race time and distance via this Webscorer event. https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=250623
- Your paddle has to be done on Saturday or Sunday, 4/5 September.
- The minimum distance you can paddle is 8 km, the longest is up to you.
- It needs to be an out-and-back course, of one or more laps, to even out the effect of current and/or tides.
- Anyone can enter.
- Ribbons will be awarded for the three fastest handicap adjusted times (using the PV Marathon handicap system). There will be three spot random prizes for PV members.
- Entry is free. Washriding (with one other person or family members) is allowed.
- If the 5 km limit restricts you getting on the water, you can paddle on an ergo, or go for a run or bike ride and still be part of this event.
Post a selfie on the Facebook event page to record your participation.
- Do not attend if you have symptoms, are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.
- Maintain at least 1.5m physical distance between others at all times.
- Observe face covering, cough etiquette and personal hygiene measures.