In the absence of the real Echuca Mini due to COVID restrictions the PV Marathon committee is pleased to offer the “virtual mini”.
The real Echuca Mini is a 50 km point-to-point event that takes most paddlers 4 to 5 hours. With current restrictions in place most people can’t exercise for that long in one go, so the virtual event is spread over two days. The rules are:
- You need to comply with government restrictions.
- You need to time yourself using a GPS and enter your race time and distance via this Webscorer event.
- Your paddle has to be done on Saturday and/or Sunday, 2/3 October.
- The minimum distance is 20 km over the two days.
- It can be point-to-point or an out-and-back course, of one or more laps.
- Completion certificates for all finishers. There will be three spot random prizes for PV members.
- Entry is free. Washriding is allowed.
- If the 5 km limit restricts you getting on the water, you can paddle on an ergo, or go for a run or bike ride.
Post a selfie on the Facebook event page to record your participation.
- Do not attend if you have symptoms, are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.
- Maintain at least 1.5m physical distance between others at all times.
- Observe face covering, cough etiquette and personal hygiene measures.