Hawkesbury Classic Paddle
29th and 30th October 2022
Entries open on the 1st July for this year’s Hawkesbury Classic Paddle and for the first time organisers are offering a full range of distances to suit just about any paddler and in any type of paddle craft.
The Classic is Australia’s premier overnight paddle event. Starts are from 4.00pm Saturday 29th October at Macquarie Park, Windsor
The options offered are as follows :
- The full Classic distance of 111km Windsor to Mooney Mooney
- The 65km Wisemans Dash – Windsor to Wisemans Ferry
- The 111km Classic Relay – Windsor to Mooney Mooney with changeovers at Sackville / Checkpoint D (31km) and Wisemans Ferry / Checkpoint I (34km) and the final leg to FINISH at Mooney Mooney (45KM)
- *****NEW FOR 2022***The 65km Dash Relay – Windsor to Wisemans Ferry, being a three paddler relay with changeovers at Pacific Park, South Maroota / Checkpoint C (24km), Dragons Bay Ski Park, Lower Portland / Checkpoint F (23km) and on to Wisemans Ferry / Checkpoint I (18km)
- The two paddler Dash Relay Windsor to Wisemans Ferry with a changeover at Sackville / Checkpoint D
The Classic is open to all types of paddle craft from single kayaks, ocean racing skis, SUP’s, canoes / outriggers through to multi-paddler outriggers and Dragon Boats. If you can paddle your craft facing forward with an unsupported paddle….you are in !!
What better way to spend your Saturday night than engaging in some night-time nautics on Sydney’s majestic Hawkesbury River.