Become a qualified Paddle Australia Coach!
Coach at your local paddling club and help new paddlers learn to paddle, coach paddlers on to the elite level with technique and nutrition advice.
Club members can gain free access to our new, online Introduction to Coaching course so they can up skill while they have time and can help coach new members when Clubs reopen.
Members who complete all course elements by 30 September 2020 will receive 12 months free registration as an Introductory Coach.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE FOR THE COACHING COURSE?
- There is no age restriction for accessing and completing the online course
- If you are under 16 you are welcome to complete the online course however you will be unable to register for the qualification. Once you turn 16, PA will be happy to process your registration
DO YOU HAVE TO BE A CLUB MEMBER TO DO THE COACHING COURSE?
- No, the course is open to PA Direct members as well as non-members
- The price for Direct Members is $90 for the course and $60 for 3 years registration
- The price for non-members is $190 for the course and $60 for 3 years registration
WHAT DOES THE COACHING COURSE ALLOW ME TO DO AFTER I GET MY QUALIFICATION?
- The Introductory Coach works with paddlers who wish to gain coaching in core paddling skills.
- The Introductory Coach would ideally operate under the supervision of a current Level One Coach or above. However an Introductory Coach can work independently under the following conditions:
- Enclosed waters with no current and little wind influence.
- Hazards are minimal and there is always ready access to safe landing.
- Distance is no greater than 50m from shore.
- All participants are wearing lifejackets.
- All participants can swim.
- Participants have basic craft handling skills (moving craft forward and turning around)
- Ratio of 1:4.
Please note: the Coaching qualification is different to an guide/instructor qualification. Where guides/instructors guide people safely on water bodies, whilst coaches coach paddlers to become better paddlers in their paddling technique, off water coaching and nutrition based advice.