Sunday, 5th September 2021
Sponsors – EXO kayaks, VAIKOBI, CANOES PLUS, LIQUIDLIFE, KOKOTAT, WERNER PADDLES, BAX GEAR, JACKSON KAYAKS, WATERSHED
King of the River is a new race designed to get everyone in to extreme racing. Held on the top rapid to the weir on the King River, Vic, and in Sprint format – the race is designed for safety and sprint racing allowing everyone a taste and practice for the bigger races later in the season.
There will be race clinics on the Saturday before race day, so you can practice the lines, learn from the best and get race advice. Learn from some of Australia’s top paddlers, from Downriver to extreme racing.
The race will be in head to head format, with the top competitors moving through to the next rounds. We will have safety in place for the race, and in true race format, all competitors will be required to wait at the bottom for the next 2 rounds to complete the race before exiting the river.
Race categories will be offered in plastic kayak less than 2.9m, inflatable 1, 2 or 6 person (raft). All categories must have 3 or more entrants to be considered a class (to be eligible for the title)
Saturday 4th September–
- Free Practice on the Course
- 12pm – Race Clinic
- 1pm Womens Whitewater Clinic
- 3pm Race Clinic
- 5pm – Race Dinner at the King River Brewery (Dinner is free with Race Entry). Dinner will commence at 5pm with Share Platters, followed by Pizza (drinks are Buy your own). The Dinner will include the race Bib number distribution and spot prize draw. You need to be there to claim your prize.
Sunday 5th September-
- Race Start 10am – head to head format.
- Presentation and Award Ceremony – 2pm at the upper carpark.
Over $5000 in Prizes, including an EXO KAYAK, Vaikobi gear, and Various Prizes from Liquidlife, Jackson kayaks, Werner Paddles, Bax Gear, Kokotat and more.
Bax Gear are also donating the early bird prize draw. Everyone one who enters before August 6, 2021 will go in to the running for a Bax Gear waist retriever Throw bag limited edition (Value $99).