Online Coaching Course
Become a qualified Paddle Australia Coach!
Coach at your local paddling club and help new paddlers learn to paddle, coach paddlers on to the elite level with technique and nutrition advice.
Introduction to Coaching Course – Online
Club members can gain access to our new, online Introduction to Coaching course so they can upskill while they have time and can help coach new members.
It is a pre-requisite that new coaches complete the Introduction to Coaching Course and then follow it with the Foundation Coach – Flatwater or Foundation Coach – Slalom
The Introductory Coach works with paddlers who wish to gain coaching on core paddling skills. The Introductory Coach would ideally operate under the supervision of a current Foundation Coach or above however can work independently under the below conditions.
• Enclosed waters with no current and little wind influence.
• Hazards are minimal and there is always ready access to safe landing.
• Distance is no greater than 50m from shore.
• All participants are wearing lifejackets.
• All participants can swim.
• Participants have basic craft handling skills (e.g moving craft forward and turning around).
• Ratio of 1:4.