Volunteers – “Making a world of difference”
This National Volunteer Week we acknowledge and celebrate the generous contributions of Australia’s
6 million volunteers, and the incredible impact they make in our local communities, society and the world!
Thank you volunteers for contributing to the Australian community!
- An estimated total of 932 million hours was volunteered during 2016.
- The rates of volunteering are highest among males aged 45-54 years.
- The rates of volunteering are highest among females aged 35-44
- Overall, the rates of volunteering are highest in the 45-54 year age group.
- Research demonstrates that volunteering yields a 450% return for every dollar invested.
- Volunteers are inspired to be involved in volunteering as it allows them to give something back to the community.
- Volunteers are motivated to volunteer by a personal belief in a cause or issue.
- Volunteers are driven to volunteer to make a difference.
- The State of Volunteering in Australia Report found that 93% of people saw positive changes as a result of their volunteering efforts.
Tuesday July 31st, 2018 12:14pm -> Monday April 10th, 2017 1:55pm