Canoe Polo is an exciting team event played on 35m x 23m pitches set up in swimming pools or on flat stretches of water. Teams of 5 paddlers endeavour to score goals in a net suspended 2m above the water, the ball being thrown by hand, or ‘flicked’ with the paddle. Naturally, the team with the most goals at the end of the match wins the game.
- About Canoe Polo
- Getting Started
- Skills and Training
- Victorian Team and Profiles
- Contact Us
For all the upcoming Canoeing Victoria events including canoe polo, check out the calendar.
All welcome to watch or come along to join in.
The interclub series is a family friendly, club based competition staged over four rounds through the summer months.
Interclubs – Last Sunday: September – November, January – March.
Essenddon (ECC) – 13th January
Yarra Bend (FCC) – 10th February
TBC – 31st March
DEVELOPMENT CAMP – ADELAIDE
22nd -24th January 2019
NATIONAL SUMMER SERIES 2019
The National Summer Series is an interstate competition catering to a broad mix of standards and capabilities. It is a great way to stretch your skills in a friendly but competitive environment.
Adelaide 26th – 27th January 2019
Melbourne (Nagambie) 23rd – 24th February 2019
AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
Penrith, NSW 19th – 22nd April 2019
The best of Australia’s canoe polo players come together to represent their states in fierce competition.
OCEANIA CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
Penrith, NSW 25th – 27th April 2019
Canoe polo training is happening and all levels are catered for!
- Advanced Training: Tuesday/Thursday evenings on the Yarra (A/B grade focus)
- Beginner/Intermediate Training: Saturday afternoons from 1pm at Essendon Canoe Club (Novice/C Grade focus)
- Open Training for all: Sunday Morning from 8am on the Yarra
For full details and times please send us an email at email@example.com .
All are welcome. See you on the water!
Selection for the Victorian State Teams closes soon.
The Australian Canoe Polo Championships are fast approaching (7-10 April) and are being held on the Gold Coast in Queensland.
Victoria has had a very strong representation at this event over the last few years and it would be great to continue this tradition.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further selection details will appear here soon.
Volunteers are a critical part of any sporting organisation and there are plenty of opportunities to help to develop and grow our sport. Here are some of the ways you could help:
- Take a role on the Committee. With over 15 different roles you are bound to find something that fits your skills.
- Help out at Melbourne Comp
- We need pool coordinators for both Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
- We need experienced players and referees to help develop skills and understanding of the game on Wednesday nights.
- Learn to referee, with some great online refereeing resources available, get stuck in and give it a go. There are always people around who are willing to help and guide new referees.
- Help out in the summer competitions. These great competitions don’t organise themselves, they occur because of the great work of a few dedicated volunteers. Ask your club or one of the committee how you can help. Even the smallest things can make a difference sometimes.
- Good at marketing and promotion? Get in touch! We are constantly on the lookout for new ideas and ways of doing things to attract more people to the sport.
Please get in touch with any of the Committee members if you want to help.
The Committee is made up of volunteers and meets regularly throughout the year to develop and promote the sport. Following this year’s General Meeting a number of pivotal roles changed hands and we saw ourselves with an almost brand new committee. If you think you can help out in any way you don’t need to wait until the next General Meeting to get involved. Contact any of the Committee members for more information about helping out.
|Committee Member||Ben Watts|
|Committee Member||Warwick Duncan|
|Committee Member||Matthew Farrington|
|Committee Member||Jen Stevens|
|Committee Member||Larry Robb|