Canoe Polo is an exciting team event played on 35m x 23m pitches set up in swimming pools or on flat stretches of water. Teams of 5 paddlers endeavour to score goals in a net suspended 2m above the water, the ball being thrown by hand, or ‘flicked’ with the paddle. Naturally, the team with the most goals at the end of the match wins the game.
- About Canoe Polo
- Getting Started
- Skills and Training
- Victorian Team and Profiles
- Contact Us
6. QLD Women
5. QLD 2
2. QLD 1
1. Fifth Wheel
2. NSW A
1. NSW B
4. NZ U21 B
3. NZ U18 B
1. NZ U18 A
3. NZ U18 B
2. NZ U18 A
1 NZ U21 B
3. NZ U21 A
1. NZ Women
9. NSW B
5. NZ Men B
2. NSW A
1. NZ U21 Men A
4. ACT & VIC
OCEANIA FINALS PLACINGS
Congratulations to all athletes who took part in the 2019 Oceania Canoe Polo Championships! It was an exceptional display of friendly rivalry and determined competitiveness.
We congratulate the New Zealand Canoe Polo Association in retaining the Julian Carter Memorial Trophy.
Final category placings are:
OPEN MEN – presented by Andrea McQuilty, President Paddle Australia
1ST NZ MEN A GOLD
2ND AUS MEN A SILVER
3rd NZ MEN B BRONZE
4TH AUS MEN B
OPEN WOMEN – presented by Erin Moore, NZ captain and world championship team member
1ST NZ SENIOR WOMEN GOLD
2ND NZ U21 WOMEN A SILVER
3RD NZ U21 WOMEN B BRONZE
4TH AUS WOMEN A
5TH NZ U18 WOMEN A
6TH AUS WOMEN B
7TH NZ U18 WOMEN B
U/21 MEN – presented by Michael Beachamp, President NZ Canoe Polo Association
1ST NZ U 21 A GOLD
2ND NZ U21 B SILVER
3RD AUS U 21 BRONZE
U/18 MEN – presented by Craig Hutchinson, current Australian Men’s coach and former Australian Men’s captain
1ST NZ A GOLD
2ND NZ B SILVER
3RD AUS A BRONZE
4TH AUS B
30+ presented by Andi Fear-Ross Chief Referee
1ST AUS 30+ A GOLD
2ND NZ 30+ SILVER
3RD AUS 30+B BRONZE
45+ – RANKING ONLY
1ST NEW ZEALAND
For all the upcoming Canoeing Victoria events including canoe polo, check out the calendar.
All welcome to watch or come along to join in.
The interclub series is a family friendly, club based competition staged over four rounds through the summer months.
Interclubs – Last Sunday: September – November, January – March.
Canoe polo training is happening and all levels are catered for!
- Advanced Training: Tuesday/Thursday evenings on the Yarra (A/B grade focus)
- Beginner/Intermediate Training: Saturday afternoons from 1pm at Essendon Canoe Club (Novice/C Grade focus)
- Open Training for all: Sunday Morning from 8am on the Yarra
For full details and times please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All are welcome. See you on the water!
Selection for the Victorian State Teams closes soon.
The Australian Canoe Polo Championships are fast approaching (7-10 April) and are being held on the Gold Coast in Queensland.
Victoria has had a very strong representation at this event over the last few years and it would be great to continue this tradition.
For more information contact us at email@example.com
Further selection details will appear here soon.
Volunteers are a critical part of any sporting organisation and there are plenty of opportunities to help to develop and grow our sport. Here are some of the ways you could help:
- Take a role on the Committee. With over 15 different roles you are bound to find something that fits your skills.
- Help out at Melbourne Comp
- We need pool coordinators for both Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
- We need experienced players and referees to help develop skills and understanding of the game on Wednesday nights.
- Learn to referee, with some great online refereeing resources available, get stuck in and give it a go. There are always people around who are willing to help and guide new referees.
- Help out in the summer competitions. These great competitions don’t organise themselves, they occur because of the great work of a few dedicated volunteers. Ask your club or one of the committee how you can help. Even the smallest things can make a difference sometimes.
- Good at marketing and promotion? Get in touch! We are constantly on the lookout for new ideas and ways of doing things to attract more people to the sport.
Please get in touch with any of the Committee members if you want to help.
The Committee is made up of volunteers and meets regularly throughout the year to develop and promote the sport. Following this year’s General Meeting a number of pivotal roles changed hands and we saw ourselves with an almost brand new committee. If you think you can help out in any way you don’t need to wait until the next General Meeting to get involved. Contact any of the Committee members for more information about helping out.
|Committee Member||Ben Watts|
|Committee Member||Michael Jarman|
|Committee Member||Frank Magee|
|Committee Member||Ken Brownlie|
|Committee Member||Larry Robb|
There are a number of ways to get in touch:
- Come and have a chat at any of our events.
- Follow us on facebook www.facebook.com/canoepolovictoria
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest on Facebook [custom-facebook-feed]