Appointed Director Position Description
Paddle Victoria (PV) is an incorporated association that acts as the peak body for the sport of paddling in Victoria. PV has over 30 Affiliated Clubs across the state and over 2000 individual members.
PV seeks expressions of interest from persons to be appointed as an independent director to the PV Board.
That person would ideally be a female with specific skills in commerce, finance, human resources, change management, education, marketing, law and/or business generally.
As a PV Board member this person would join with existing Board members to:
• set the strategic direction for PV
• support PV staff to achieve the strategic direction as set
• oversee PV financial performance
• oversee a framework to identify, assess and control risks to PV
• oversee the performance and remuneration of the PV Executive Officer
• manage stakeholders, including clubs, government, disciplines and Paddle Australia, and
• oversee a framework to ensure compliance with the PV Constitution and applicable legislation.
The Board member must have sufficient competencies and experience to discharge the above responsibilities.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest including a Cover letter and CV (2 pages max) with at least 2x professional references can be made via Mark Heggie (PV Executive Officer) on behalf of the Board at email@example.com”
For a confidential discussion please contact:
Alex Boyd – President
M: 0458 755 200
Brigit Doyle – Board Member